Friday, April 03, 2009

My last Friday in Harlem

It is a cold, rainy day. The overcast sky and cool temperature seem to encourage nesting than flitting about to discover new views. I am still tired too.

I have a new respect for people who live in these big cities. I witnessed first hand how complicated the laundry procedure is. It's even worse if you have to climb stairs. That said, I did my manual labour this morning helping Harlem Mama take the laundry upstairs. This work is no joke.

Plus I have been getting a lot of excercise. We walk everywhere. I haven't been on a bus or in a train since I have been here, but I also haven;t left Harlem.

Yesterday I went to the Harlem Museum with my little three year old niece, Melibug. We looked at art and we stood back and I allowed her to tell me what she saw. She is such a little artist herself. She saw suns and moons in things I didnt even dream of. But I quite like her perspective.

I should be going to MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) today. I am really looking forward to that. I really want to visit as many museums as I can in this trip. I think my life, as I know it, will forever be changed.

2 comments:

Azikiwe said...

....you should've stopped at MOMA first thing...since you found your passion all museums are your friend...

Bodhisattva Harlem Mama said...

Harlem seemed sunnier with you around...you shall be missed!

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan