Friday, April 03, 2009

My last Friday in Harlem

It is a cold, rainy day. The overcast sky and cool temperature seem to encourage nesting than flitting about to discover new views. I am still tired too.

I have a new respect for people who live in these big cities. I witnessed first hand how complicated the laundry procedure is. It's even worse if you have to climb stairs. That said, I did my manual labour this morning helping Harlem Mama take the laundry upstairs. This work is no joke.

Plus I have been getting a lot of excercise. We walk everywhere. I haven't been on a bus or in a train since I have been here, but I also haven;t left Harlem.

Yesterday I went to the Harlem Museum with my little three year old niece, Melibug. We looked at art and we stood back and I allowed her to tell me what she saw. She is such a little artist herself. She saw suns and moons in things I didnt even dream of. But I quite like her perspective.

I should be going to MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) today. I am really looking forward to that. I really want to visit as many museums as I can in this trip. I think my life, as I know it, will forever be changed.

2 comments:

Azikiwe said...

....you should've stopped at MOMA first thing...since you found your passion all museums are your friend...

Francia M said...

Harlem seemed sunnier with you around...you shall be missed!

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan