Thursday, April 30, 2009

Getting back in shape

Since I have been tediously working on and ticking off things on my "to do list," it is inevitable that I start working on this one pretty soon.

My deadline for resumption: MAY 1.

The Goal: GET BACK INTO SHAPE OVER A STRICT 3 MONTH ROUTINE

Ultimate Goal: REACH MY TWENTYSOMETHING GOAL OF APPROACHING 30 IN THE BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE

Tools: DVDs already in my collection.

Main Programme: Power 90 with Tony Horton.

Supplementary Programmes: Yoga and Pilates for stretching and relaxation.

Rewards:

1. Being fit means feeling fit... I will have much more energy and will be able to tackle the physical adventures of life.

2. I will be able to carry around 20lbs of photo gear with greater ease

3. I will be able to have long and grueling photo and video shoots without dying of sheer exhaustion

4. I will boost my lung capacity and reverse the damage cause by a certain habit.

5. I will improve my lung health and perhaps even get rid of all notions of asthma.

6. I will return to Jamaica looking at least as good, if not better than when I came here. (Yes a so we vain).

7. It will set the groundwork for a lifetime of fitness for myself and Easy Skanking Chef, who has already beat me to working out.

8. By the time babies come, I will have a fit body that will allow me to bounce back from pregnancy

9. I have no desire to be hiding a double chin, chubby tummy, or jelly arms on wedding photos

10. I have found a good man who happens to love me as I am, but I better damn well put myself into a position to keep him! (The feeling is very mutual).

2 comments:

Azikiwe said...

Hm....we shall talk ;-))

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan