Saturday, December 12, 2009

Parang in Dubai

Yesterday, I went to visit a lovely and vivacious Trini lady, her hobbyist photog Brit hubby and their daughter whofa eyes and expression are a photog's dream (on the hook up of mi cousin in Cayman). One word? Inspiration!

Missis, all though Miss Trini Parang said dinner was not a fuss, I had my fill of Trini Pelau, fried plaintains, tossed salad with raisins and corn pie and vino a plenty!

I had a really fantabulous time! Great conversation and all.... and you know what... it turns out that they too were on the Island Behind God's Back- though on the more popular one of the chain and not as much as twice removed from God's back as I was.

So now ESC and I have a lunch date next week with them and I have found an artical sistren who is loads of fun and a well-matched partner who fancies Dutty Stinking Shabba (their words:) ). He has done some really amazing work and actually has printed and framed a lot of them. She has a background in F& B herself and so she understands the dynamics of the demands and the kind of passion ESC has for his craft. We have spoken of photo trips... I am so excited!

I will have you know that yours truly took the trip from one end of Dubai to the next to their house alone! Yup! Talk about a learning curve! For three months, I only took cabs from the supermarket in my neighbood, and the first time I venture out on my own, I go across the entire length of Dubai from the first train stop till the last! Trust me, there is no comparison in terms of costs because a cab would have cost about AED75 and the train and 2 bus combo cost me like AED7.

So yes, I am coming out of my little shell. This reminds me of Imelda's little saying..."The shell has to break before the bird can fly."

5 comments:

Gia Fernandes said...

Hey! Good to see you getting out there and having a nice time. So happy for you and all the new experiences you are having. Enjoy!

Sheer Almshouse said...

You know, I was about to post to ask if this block is dead... then you leave a comment. Happy you are back in blogshpere..came to your blog the other day but never saw you.

The Masker said...

Now that's the personality I know. Fi yu shell bruck long time - the wings just needed stretching and the GPS reconfigured and reattached. Have fun but be careful and watchful.
PS - Posting comments here has changed? The method i.e.
K

Sheer Almshouse said...

hahahahah! GPS reconfiguration! Whoa! Yes, I made some adjustment... tried to ad a recent comment widget too but that not seem to be working for me.

Anonymous said...

De is good peeps! I just hope yuh neva drink off mi ponche a creme what she REFUSE to mek for me cause is was not Christmas.

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan