Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Friendship in the desert

I now know, without any doubt, that I was made to work. Why? Because I have got too much going on in my head to be left too long to my own devices and if I must live away from those with whom long phone calls are customary, I should earn enough for the massive phone bill.

I know I should give a call to somebody in a mood like this but my only true friend is away in the UK on a short vacay. I think I want to go spend a couple days with her when she comes back. I could use some authentic, genuine energy and ESC could use some sleep and a break from the girlie conversations that i force on him.

5 comments:

Tamanna said...

Hey babe! I have been reading you for a while but de-lurking only now (I guess). All of us have days like these. Days when we think things are not like they used to be - but a girls night out sounds good. So does finding a job. Read The Sky Is About To Fall too. I drive myself crazy on days that I stay home. Sometimes a little distance can do wonders to a marriage. Take it from me, I just finished 1 year of being married. And I have had days like this pretty often. But once the phase is over, there's little else more comforting than this common, everyday love. Tell me I am right! :)

Cheer up!

Sheer Almshouse said...

Tammana, thank you for lurking and for commenting. You are right. I often write exactly how I feel in the moment even if it is not a feeling that will last. It hasn't been for lack of effort that I have been out of work for the past year. My visa status doesn't permit me to work just so, there are conditions. However, that is about to change and in a couple of months, I will be crying about how hard work is!!

Gia Fernandes said...

Who's the bravest, most beautiful girl in the world?
I gotta find that headset soon!!!!

Sheer Almshouse said...

Cloudcutter, please do!

Sheer Almshouse said...

Cloudcutter, please do!

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan