Monday, February 16, 2009

The camera adds five pounds-or fifteen :)

Neighbour and I went walking this evening ... more like a leisurely stroll in flip flops and house shorts. It was at dusk when the sun was dancing in the sky and it was breathtaking. We decided to do more of it... as we always do.

But seriously, I need to get my body back in order. When doing housework makes your glutes and calves sore, you've got a problem.

I was just reviewing photos of my Jamaican vacation and saw BellyOne and BellyTutu as Imelda #2 refers to them. It also doesn't help that Azikiwe refers to my arms as "big." But maybe I have more in common with Oprah than I realise. I wanted to be like her when I grew up. Be careful what you wish for

But I think PR has made me fat. No seriously.

When I was on TV, I was too vain to be out of shape. "TV is a visual medium"... and I would respect the fact that the camera was already inclined to add a few pounds. And even when I hid behind the camera as a full time producer, I had to be in shape. You have to have stamina to do location shoots and run up and down in the hot sun and still shoot all the way to midnight. But the moment I left TV...I got REALLY comfortable. PR came with a desk, late nights, and lots of late drinks and always being up and about and never having the flexibility to really do me.

I am not depressed about my body in no way shape or form. I just kind of get tired of being sedentary from time to time. I am at best, a flittlng butterfly. It's kind of impossible to be graceful much less flitting when you've got two stomachs and heave arms weighing you down. And I am tired again. I like to be fit. And fit I most certainly am not.

So while I am hanging on to being round and proud, I better take those damn walks daily before I turn into a really sad woman who cant understand why everybody gawks when she goes to buy ice cream.

I'll add some yoga and pilates for peace of mind and gracefulness even in the midst of sheer loveable roundness.

4 comments:

Azikiwe said...

K....its good to know your "problem" so you know exactly what to fix. I what PR did this to you (that vile damn PR !:-)and any other desk job will do that. But seriously,you need to commit at least 4 hours a week on Cardio work and really change to a more organic diet....

I didn't ever think for once that you were capable of vain....I should have installed cameras in your mirrors ;-)

Sheer Almshouse said...

Ha! My biggest charm is to hide the vanity.

I dont think there is any other subject in which I am more engrossed in photography than, you guessed it- me!

But self-portrait is a fine art of self-discovery and expression. There is that charm again!

Sheer Almshouse said...

Ha! My biggest charm is to hide the vanity.

I dont think there is any other subject in which I am more engrossed in photography than, you guessed it- me!

But self-portrait is a fine art of self-discovery and expression. There is that charm again!

Azikiwe said...

...bwoy,the things yu don't know about ;-)

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan