Saturday, March 14, 2009

No woman no cry

Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" was next on the playlist. Then there was "The Harder They Come" and Redemption Song." There was no coming back from there. I blasted the speakers and sang at the top of my voice, as a chant to surviving this shitstym that I have found myself in.

Then I got an idea... I made a playlist for my next radio show, calling on Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, Richie Spice, Queen Ifreca and all the relevant Jamaican struggle music I could find in my library. I can't believe I can't put my hands on "Glass House."

I felt like purging the bad vibes... and music is purely cathartic.

My bed smells like April Fresh Downy and not of me being there all day, every day, all week.

I turned a sheet into a curtain, adding another layer of privacy to my blinds.

I am going to talk about this next week on my show. I need to.

Until then, my playlist is done. So add that to all the little things I have managed to do since sundown.

I miss my iPod.

1 comments:

Azikiwe said...

..take a picture put it on the FB...

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan