Monday, May 04, 2009

The Exiled Heart

I dream of home
amidst the drama
of bullets raining
like blessings
saving the dispossessed
from hunger

I dream of love
shining through
the clouds
that form
anticipating the storms of life

I dream of smiles sincere
of food cooked with love, by love
hearts gathered in laughter
acceptance, the denominator

I dream of rivers
that flow from the sky
washing away crosses
and burdens
cleansing
invigorating
bringing new life to weary spirits

I dream of slumber
made sweet by content
of peace of mind
and a chest free
from depression's tightness

I dream of freedom
re-vitalisation
re-invention
re-launch

I dream of home.

3 comments:

Gia Fernandes said...

Now this is what I call "sheer" beauty!

Azikiwe said...

i certainly understand...

Sheer Almshouse said...

Thanks Cloudcutter aned Azi.

I am feeling so heavy because I am so ready to leave. I opened up the page to write this morning and for hours nothing came...then this.

I await the verdict of the tribunal, but my mind has already been made up.

It is time.

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan