Friday, February 26, 2010

The silent fight

You know those fights where you go silent because you dare not speak what's on your mind for fear of causing damage worse than the offense about which you are angry? The same ones where little things just nag and annoy and your annoyance becomes nagging all on its own and things just escalate from the trivial mole hill and turn into mountains of Himalayan proportions and everyone is upset and needs space and an all too small studio becomes a prison cell?

We are in Married People's Alcatraz- the penitentiary designed for people who are wedded by law and webbed by space, trying to break free for just a moment of singularity.

I miss my family and friends. This is exactly what girlfriends are for. To forget you have husbands when you need to and to celebrate the joys of just being woman and free.

I love the man but I could certainly leave him from a minute! I could use a Girlie Weekend Getaway right about now... and I am sure my dearly beloved is wishing on the same star.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest you file a Forgive Me Let's Move On motion in Appeals Court. Either that or seek mediation. Mi luv, this marriage thing ain't easy...

L-A

Sheer Almshouse said...

Mi dear... both married and single life have dem complexities. It not easy... but after every battle you feel like yuh get a likkle closer if you work it through. No talk bout closeness in the thick of the argument though...

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan