Monday, September 01, 2008

Big storm, Small Island

I am facing my first hurricane alone. The rains and winds have been lashing for about 30 hours without a break. It's getting dark again, and tonight promises to be worse than last night because the storm, Hanna, has been upgraded to a hurricane since this afternoon.

I am going to make a strong drink of rum on the rocks and go in the bedroom, get under covers, hug mr. bear with my 28 year old self, call Easy Skanking Chef, and start reading the book he left for me by one of our favourite chefs, Anthony Bourdain when he falls asleep.

Hopefully I too will manage to have that fate tonight.

Rahtid lightenning bolt a strike, mi a come off mi mac before it mash up!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan