Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Long Day, Long Week, Long Year

It seems rather ironic, that title when I am not even half way through the year. But such is life. I have been going through metamorphosis that usually happens over years but with a super catalyst to speed up the transition.

Growth is good. But growth is often painful. Letting go of things to which you are attached, even though you love them is not the easiest thing to do. But no one promised an easy life.

In fact, anything worth having is worth fighting for, and battles I have waged. Somehow though, it gets to the point when you surrender to a situation in which you are surrounded by the enemy and all of your men are laying waste at your feet, and you either give up totally or surrender the battle to a higher being.

I find that I am victorious whenever I realise that the battle is not really mine, but the Lord's. Even so, sometimes I forget and start punching the hell out of air, accomplishing nothing more than moving dust particles around.

Sigh.

I need to remember to be grateful for the small mercies, that in spite of all the drama and the chaos around me, are new every morning.

I am so happy for that. There is a blessing in the storm.

So in moments like these on days like these, I have to remember that this too shall past.

I am still making some bad decisions, but I hope to be better.

I know exactly what my problem is. I need to get that wound fixed for good.

In the meantime, as bad as this day was, as bad as things are, weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Praises be to God for salvation (yes mi grow wid plenty granny).

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan