Sunday, May 04, 2008

Emptying Nest

My bachelorette pad is having less and less things. First went the office chair, dresser and chest, then went the fridge, now, the microwave, coffee table and television are gone.

The things that remain pose a problem of logistics to get to Montego Bay. My neighbour was supposed to take me, but his car is not roadworthy for such long trips and another helpful neighbour seems to be overseas.

I also have to get my couch over to Stony Hill for storage at my cousin's.

I am tired.

I have been packing all evening.

The CDs and DVDs are totally sorted, and i just have a few books to pack in the box I am taking with me.

I will have to go through the suitcases that have already been packed to see if there is anything else that I can part with. I still feel like I am taking too many things.

The lighter load means more frequent laundry and that translates into faster wear, but quite frankly, I am tired of having too much stuff.

Daddy came to visit me tonight (and collect the stuff that he has volunteered to store for me).

I gave my brother a bean bag that he has been begging of me for years.

I want to take my Cuban congo drums with me, but I will see how that works. So far, it looks like three bags and a box pls two pieces of carryon (in addition to my handbag).

I wish I had someone traveling with me so that I could have more stuff, but since I plan to ship ahead of my arrival, I should be fine. My CDs and photos are not parting with me though. I can afford to replace clothes, shoes and other things but my music and my photos are my heart.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan