Monday, November 06, 2006

Woman In the Mirror

I looked in the mirror this morning and saw the woman I have always wanted to be.

Strong, assertive,smart, passionate but cautious, carefree but collected, wounded but healing, single but happy.

A lot of our true selves lie under layers and as we begin to peel back those layers, we find out who we really are.

Some friends who loved us when we were struggling, poor/fat/unhappy/miserable may not like us when we are successful/fabulous/fit/happy/content, but its those who will love us when we go through changes who are worth keeping.

People may no longer want to be around you because you are busy doing things all the time instead of sitting and moping about just how bad life is. We know better now because life is simply what we make it.

Its not what happens in our lives that makes it bad...its how we react to it. Trauma does not have to result in heavy drinking or eating or the lack of movement and stimulation and spiralling depression. We have a choice.

So I am happy for the woman I have become. Still have much to work on but honey, thats what makes life so free from boredom!

With all my love to you for reading everything I have posted and allowing me to open up my chakras with you...Namaste

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan