Friday, August 01, 2008

On top of the world

You know, when you are meant for someone, and someone is meant for you... it does not necessarily mean that either of you will come in the package that you think. It just means that you will fit in most important places and compromise on others.

I am happy.

I am genuinely happy, and its not just on the surface. I know there is the giddyness of repetitive orgasmic rapture, but it goes much deeper than that. A girl gets used to being supported and treated like the queen she is, when the right man assumes kingship of her domain.

I am scared.

What happens when the vacation is up and work resumes and the four planes that were taken to get here become the four planes that are taken to leave? What happens when there is no one to make me nutmeg pancakes for breakfast or hang menswear on the line?

You know what?

I just realised that I have had the same messy wires for years in every apartment since 2004, and suddenly after the first night of a three week visit, my wires have been fixed.

I also realise that I didnt think twice about leaving him alone in my space. Maybe, just maybe, he is already my space.

Damn! I am really scared!

But I am so damn happy!

He's definitely worth it.

And consider this my public announcement:

He is the one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gwaan tru my girl!!
you know who makes the nicest wedding cakes

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Im happy, not just for you but for womankind.....there is hope after all

Chef and Steward said...

you know what, i honestly get the feeling, for the first time in my life, that a wedding will come soon

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan