Thursday, October 26, 2006

Give Praise Children

The older I get, the more I realise how important it is to be present.

I have been holding on to some element or another of my past for the last few years and its time to really focus on right now.
If I cannot see whats immediately infront of me, I cant plan for a future. If I cannot appreciate where I am now, I will never appreciate future success because I will always be looking for things, circumstances and people to make me happy.

I am grateful to be in the place I am now and my heart sings praises to God. I am complete in this moment, whether its a happy moment or a sad moment. They are both side sides of the same coin.

As much as understanding history and the reasons for past mistakes and learning from them, and all the disappointments along the way, one cannot LIVE in it. Makes no sense to dream about something that has already gone wrong.

Decisions have been made... and consequences result. Got to live with them.

I know I did the best I could at every point along the way. No use in dwelling. I just know what will happen if similar situaltions present right now. I have already learnt those lessons. Back then, I did what was true to me. In the process, I grew, I expanded and I reached higher levels of self awareness through it all.

So I give thanks for now, this present moment. the next isn't promised to anyone.

I am living my best life, one present moment at a time.

Give thanks for wisdom.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan