Wednesday, August 02, 2006

True to Myself

I dont think I ever really knew what my key talent was. Well yes, I could write ok... and I showed some potential at photography, I was a nice soprano in choir, an aggressive defender in football, good at styling hair, and seemed always to have a style slightly different from the rest, hated the constant pratice of math and piano, and unlike beethoven or mozart and all the little stupid prodigies, I never knew that Ireally had anything special about me.

I mean, yes I was told i was brilliant as a child but honestly, but frankly, that was more child psychology and motivational speech than anything else.

It wasn't until I saw myself on camera at 16 years, along with the rest of Jamaica, that I realised that Hey... maybe there is a lil fire in me. It wasnt until my first internship at CPTC that I finally belonged. Finding myself in television, was as I wrote at 16 , "an almost euphoric experience."

I still think I am a late bloomer. I have lots to say but I still struggle to find my voice. I'll be damned if I'll let them shut me up before the first note has sounded. The fat lady has yet to sing.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 TwentySomething+ Monologue. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan